binding posts

If your speakers have 2 pairs of binding posts each, connected by the ubiquitous metal plates, if biwiring or biamping should you remove the metal plates or doesn't it make any difference?

128x128mazian

A line level crossover is a crossover (usually active meaning it is plugged into a power source) that is connected between the preamp and amp and splits the signal there instead of the crossover inside the speakers, it also matches the different levels that two or more different amps may have, then each amp only has to amplify the frequencies sent to it.

i will partially disagree that bi-amping is a WOT without a crossover before the amps.  Most midranges and tweeters require modest power, but that's where all the delicacy resides.  Its much harder to reproduce a ~20,000 Hz complex wave than a ~20 Hz complex wave (~ since complex and one freuqency are contradictory). They can be served well by modestly powered, sweet sounding amps. Tubes if you like.  or a nice class-A amp.

OTOH low frequencies demand low output impedance, and high power.  Delicacy on a large, low-Fr wave is somewhat irrelevant.  So a honkin big solid state power amp is ideal.

Doing that - even when using the internal crossovers can be useful. Admittedly i have amps coming out my ears ( i design them, and years ago made them) and even i don't bother.

I do agree that a crossover between the pre and the two amps, along with control of gain, is better still.

G