Audio Science Review = "The better the measurement, the better the sound" philosophy

"Audiophiles are Snobs"  Youtube features an idiot!  He states, with no equivocation,  that $5,000 and $10,000 speakers sound equally good and a $500 and $5,000 integrated amp sound equally good.  He is either deaf or a liar or both! 

There is a site filled with posters like him called Audio Science Review.  If a reasonable person posts, they immediately tear him down, using selected words and/or sentences from the reasonable poster as100% proof that the audiophile is dumb and stupid with his money. They also occasionally state that the high end audio equipment/cable/tweak sellers are criminals who commit fraud on the public.  They often state that if something scientifically measures better, then it sounds better.   They give no credence to unmeasurable sound factors like PRAT and Ambiance.   Some of the posters music choices range from rap to hip hop and anything pop oriented created in the past from 1995.  

Have any of audiogon (or any other reasonable audio forum site) posters encountered this horrible group of miscreants?  

fleschler

you must feel like Thomas Binger ESQ. 

Wow. Really? That's some pretty sick sh*t sick to espouse. Are you really in that camp?

All the best,
Nonoise

Guys, please. This "quiet" troll has achieved his intention by turning a number of members of this forum against each other and creating bickering.

Let me post a couple of things and then that’s it. Someone above posted that ASR looks at shoddy workmanship, and I agree that is great. If people are shelling out big money or even moderate amounts then people deserve to know if something is built properly. There are some rumours however that the equipment that is sent to Amir is cherry picked and built to a higher standard that is commercially available.
It is when stupid comments are made that you don’t need to hear equipment, just look at its measurements to determine its quality. When cables are "tested" without being plugged in and when respected manufacturers are labelled charlatans.Then things become silly. Also there is no doubt that ASR has a cult mentality. If you want someone who knows measurements, look at Andrew Jones. There is a person who knows what he is talking about.

Secondly the term "Chi Fi" is not derogatory or racist. There are some Chinese manufacturers that are great. Opera Consonance is one. Another is AM that makes world class equipment - both tube amps and Dacs. I am not sure if Americans know about this brand. The designer is Fang, formerly from Stereo Knights who founded Audio Music. The equipment is awesome.Look at the AM 833S for example.

You might be amused to read some of the comments of the cultists about this thread:

Let me post a couple of things and then that’s it. Someone above posted that ASR looks at shoddy workmanship, and I agree that is great. If people are shelling out big money or even moderate amounts then people deserve to know if something is built properly.

That is tremendous news. @laoman 

The skilled engineers and those who measure some very important metrics may no longer fear your clawed talon.