Power Cables - Stock vs. Budget

Considering upgrading my stock power cords, but my budget is limited to the $150 - $175 range (4' minimum) per cord. At that price level, will I notice any real discernable difference?  Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

gnoworyta

@gnoworyta

Absolutely!!

I’m also on board with the wall socket upgrade. It will benefit all devices plugged into it, so it will deliver excellent bang for the buck.

As a retired dealer, we shared many "ah ha" moments with power delivery upgrade demos with our customers. One of our "standard" power cord demos involved a $500 receiver and $100 power cord. Lots of "what the heck just happened?" moments when the receiver was powered back up with the better cable attached. So, the moral of the story is you don’t need stellar gear to hear a difference in power delivery upgrades. Even modest ones.

I like how you’re thinking.

@kota1 

i would still do the dedicated lines first, then look at power cords and conditioner last if that is even needed, as again, he might not need the PC and no sense of spending money if you dont have to .

Don't forget the screws that hold the wall socket! A vanadium/steel alloy sounds better than plain steel.
Don't forget the screws that hold the wall socket! A vanadium/steel alloy sounds better than plain steel.