Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

tomthiel,

I agree with you. Even with the rebirth of increased interest in vinyl by some in the younger generations, there is still not a widespread embrace of hifi music reproduction. I'm even discouraged by old friends my age, who seem to have traded convenience for realistic sound reproduction. One of my best friends recently "upgraded" his house-wide access to music by buying really nice remote controls and mass quantities of ceiling-mounted speakers. At the same time, he didn't even bother to hook up his existing Vandersteen speakers because they took up too much floor space. That's why I'm pleased whenever a few younger folks like Darren and Duncan commit wholeheartedly to the high-end audio world.

fsgattuso

Very nice gear and system. Goodto read that you are enjoying Nordost cabling.

Happy Listening!

sdlr - I picked up a pair of near mint CS3.5s in Weschester County NY under similar circumstances. Big house, art dealer, posh entertainment - replacing the hi fi with Sonus in-wall and ceiling speakers fed from Spotify. He was most complimentary about the speakers and how much they had enjoyed them over the years - and the system was in good working condition. But the kids were grown and gone, etc. etc. I suspect there might be a resurgence of interest - eventually. Music can be profound, and MP3 over Sonus is really a big step down.

Hi - I recently picked up a pair of CS.5s in fantastic condition, and while apparently they were the bargain basement offering of Thiel, they're my first pair of 'good' speakers, so I'm pretty happy with them. I have a few questions about them -

-Apparently they came with 'stabilizer pins,' but they must have been lost somewhere along the way. Are they necessary, do they make a difference, and if so, where would I find some replacements?

-The serial numbers appear to have been written on them in sharpie that has long since worn away, leaving just a few stray dots on the metal where they were written. While the numbers don't really have any significance at this point since the company's out of business, does anyone have any suggestions for trying to determine the numbers?

dolt

Welcome! Good to see you here. Nice score on the CS.5 speakers. Stay tuned until one of the Panel members chimes in on your query. I look forward in reading more about Musical tastes and system.

Happy Listening!