Audio Science Review = "The better the measurement, the better the sound" philosophy

"Audiophiles are Snobs"  Youtube features an idiot!  He states, with no equivocation,  that $5,000 and $10,000 speakers sound equally good and a $500 and $5,000 integrated amp sound equally good.  He is either deaf or a liar or both! 

There is a site filled with posters like him called Audio Science Review.  If a reasonable person posts, they immediately tear him down, using selected words and/or sentences from the reasonable poster as100% proof that the audiophile is dumb and stupid with his money. They also occasionally state that the high end audio equipment/cable/tweak sellers are criminals who commit fraud on the public.  They often state that if something scientifically measures better, then it sounds better.   They give no credence to unmeasurable sound factors like PRAT and Ambiance.   Some of the posters music choices range from rap to hip hop and anything pop oriented created in the past from 1995.  

Have any of audiogon (or any other reasonable audio forum site) posters encountered this horrible group of miscreants?  

fleschler

@jtgofish it's a privately owned site. they can set whatever rules they want. if i had a site i could set a rule that says if you criticize phil collins "face value" album in any way whatsoever, you are permanently banned. and no amount of whining or "but my free speech" could change it. that's just how it goes. i'm not infringing on anyones right to criticize phil collins albums, you are perfectly free to do that anywhere else online, but on my site it's not gonna fly. this is all those dudes are doing. the mods there are just weenies who think they know everything, they aren't violating anybody's rights. this whole thread proves it

@viethluu 

Amir does get paid by a lot of Chinese Fi company to promote their perfectly measure product ( Topping, SMSL …). There is no coincidence that Amir always talks highly about these Chi Fi. 

If they measure perfectly, why wouldn't he "talk highly" about them???

Perhaps because some of them sound like shite?

I wish we could get a few of those ASR zealots on this forum to engage in discourse but I doubt any would accept such an invitation.

@laoman iiWi Reviews on YouTube is one of the few places where those Chinese amps are reviewed subjectively. The reviewer got me very interested in the Sabaj A10A which seems to be working well with his KEF LS50 Meta. His reference amp is a Hegel H190 (which is a perfect match for the KEF). iiWi Reviews was very happy with the Sabaj A10A, stating that the amp disappeared and he was just enjoying the music.

However, iiWi Reviews is not the most experienced reviewer, but he's not as ridiculous as Z reviews or CheapAudioMan which hype everything up. 

Perhaps it's not crazy that a cheapo Infineon chip amp could rival more prestigious Hypex amps. That said, some YouTuber stated that the Bluesound Powernode (with Hypex amplification) didn't play well with the KEF LS50. He said that it sounded sterile. And it was an issue with slow transient response/current management which made the LS50 sound like car speakers. So he bought a Hegel H190 and never looked back. 

So... the confusion never ends. 

@goofyfoot ASR members commented already. There's not much of a debate. Like I said, ASR members are set in their ways and won't budge from their "trust the measurements/science" stance. 

​​​

Even the notion of a hobby based forum which does not allow opinions is outrageous.Can anybody else think of any other hobby type forum that would even contemplate such a thing? That might be fair enough in forums dealing with building bridges or prescribing medication but not in something used for home entertainment and music reproduction in the home and which exists to reproduce music .Which is a highly subjective thing.