New Project RS2T transport

I have had one already and sent it back, did not work at all upon receipt. Dealing with the Music Room though is a pleasure. Will always do business with them. Had unit replaced with a new one, just arrived Yesterday, Sunday afternoon 7-25-22. Hooked it up and SAID WOW!!! I have a Meitner MA-1 DAC and the synergy is Fabulous. Right out of the box it sounded, GREAT. So very OPEN. I have been blessed when upgrading several pieces to be totally surprised by the improvements. VERY Audible!

I am somewhat concerned though as there have been a great deal of posts about quality control issues. (see first sentence)  As I said unit sounds GREAT, very impressed. HOWEVER, if anyone can comment that owns one, I noticed when placing the little magnetic puck on the disc that it just sits atop the center spindle and does not contact disc. The magnetic puck has a female center on the underside that goes over a very small  male metal protrusion. (SPINDLE)   I would think that it should go over that spindle totally and meet the disc firmly. (no space between disc and puck??? When I place puck on top of CD, It appears that the machining on the underside of the hole should be a MM wider so it doesn't sit atop the spindle and drops down totally on the disc. Hope this makes sense. Thanks Robert TN    Ps would like to thank Charles1 DAD  for encouraging me to stick with transport. It is that GOOD!!!   Just wondering if they all are designed to do what I am experiencing?

robshaw

I have not pulled my deposit. I’m curious to see how they deal with this and how quickly. 

Firstgrowth,  I have had 2 that went down for the count. Different issues, but, never the less, were returned via the Music Room, great place to do business by the way. I took a chance on a third one, as the sound is just incredible. I had a Audio lab 6000 transport that was very good,but, this is a LARGE step up. I've had my new one for a month now and so far so good. Good luck with your order. I am looking at LPS as we speak and narrowing them down. Charles who has commented on yours has helped me stay the course. At this point I'm glad I did. Just curious as to your LPS and which model. If you plan on selling it, I may be interested? Providing I don't buy one in the interim. Good Luck  Robert TN

@robshaw 

Robert, 

Thanks for the post.  I'm still optimistic that they will get this figured out, their overseas business on this model is reliant upon it.  If they can't ship them successfully, why would anyone take a chance on buying one and getting stuck with it at some later date?  The reviews have been excellent when they work so I still want one.

The PS is the Fidelizer 2.  I'll keep you up on what I'm doing as I get news from Pro Ject.  Jeff

Just for clarification.

The Fidelizer  LPS that’s been under discussion here is the “Nikola II” to distinguish from the regular “Nikola”.  The former is upgraded with higher grade internal wiring, larger capacity toroidal transformer, better Mundorf capacitors and a thicker and heavier chassis case.

Charles

Have only used LTA but gotta say adding Audiolund DC cable made as much difference or more than upograding power supply. Almost like upgrading a turntable power supply- better pace and detail- quieter background- highly recommended!