The best speaker you ever heard?

In my opinion, the speaker is by far the most important part of the audio system. After all, it is the only part you hear. OK, the other stuff really matters a lot, but without a great speaker... No go.

I am a bit 'speaker-obsessed' I guess, and now I am wondering: What are the best speakers you have ever heard, and what made them the best?
njonker
I have a pair of speakers designed and built by Eric Alexander, the inventor of DiAural series x-o. These speakers can do magic with any music. Go to www.edgeaudio.com to read what Stereophile and TAS has to say about this new improvement to speakers. Parallel x-o's suck.
I don't think that there is any one speaker that does everything "right". Keeping that in mind, i REALLY like Ohm F's when properly set up. Sure, they're inefficient, tough to drive, won't play REAL loud and are really tough to set up, but there is something about a single omnidirectional driver that covers pretty much the entire audible frequency range that is just astounding. I've heard many tall $$$$$ speakers and liked them for specific reasons, but i'll never sell either pair of my F's. Unfortunately, i've never heard the MBL Radialstrahler or the German Physik's model with the Walsh "bending wave" transducer , but i'd like to. I'm sure that they share many of the attributes that i so dearly love about my "hot rodded" F's. Sean
>
The best speakers I ever heard was a double pair of Magneplanar Tympani's -- driven by 4 tube monoblock amps. Absolutely raised the hair on the back of my neck they were so realistic.