Where did you buy your first audio gear?

I bought my first audio gear in a Post Exchange PX store in Baumholder Germany. I was a young soldier about 20 yrs old and bought a SAE amp and Preamp, Bose 901 speakers, Sony CDP-101 CD player and a Thorens TD 320 turntable. Where did you buy your first audio gear? What did you get?

128x1282psyop

Leo's Stereo, Newport Beach, CA circa 1975. An all-Pioneer quad system. The "upgrading" began less than two weeks later...  

Kenwood KA-6000 integrated amp, KT-7000 tuner, AR-XA turntable with a demo Ortofon SL15T cartridge and a pair of AR-4X speakers purchased from Rosner Custom Sound, Flushing, NY.  That was around 1967.  Later added a demo Revox G-36 RTR.  I have photos of just about every system I've owned, but sadly not this one, although I do have photos of that G-36 as i kept it long after I upgraded all the other components. 

* Tech Hi-Fi, Rt.22 Springfield, NJ.

A Nikko Receiver, Technics Turntable, Ohm Speakers

Tech Hi-Fi’s Catalogs were as good as Playboy ! 😂

* Drucker’s - Newark, NJ (Who Could Forget Their Sunday Ads !)

Teac Casette Deck, ADC Sound Shaper EQ

* Crazy Eddie’s - Rt.22 Union, NJ

Discwasher Record Care Kit (w/Zerostat)

Still have the Turntable & Record Care Kit 👍

Images Sight and Sound Harbour Mall Fall River Mass.

Sansui RZ9500 (Stereo5 may know this place) 1990

Leiser Super Store Seekonk Mass Advent Maestro 3 way speakers. 1990

Tweeter Audio store I got one of the better Sony CD players at the time. Don’t remember the model #. 1990

Technics SL1200 MKII from a DJ friend in 1990

Still in use in system #2

Still own and use in Sansui and Advent’s in my garage as a third system.

Recapped and transistors replaced in Sansui.

Rebuilt XO with film and foil and new woofer foam surrounds and the Advent’s still sing!

I purchased a pair of Sennheiser headphones from Listenup (the original store in Denver) about 45 years ago. Soon after that, I got my first turntable from them.