Where did you buy your first audio gear?

I bought my first audio gear in a Post Exchange PX store in Baumholder Germany. I was a young soldier about 20 yrs old and bought a SAE amp and Preamp, Bose 901 speakers, Sony CDP-101 CD player and a Thorens TD 320 turntable. Where did you buy your first audio gear? What did you get?

128x1282psyop

@fertguy Where in KC did you buy your system?

While in high school...1st system 1972 at an electronics store called "Henshaws", a place that sold stereo and CB radios, I got a Dual 1218 with a Shure cartridge, Technics receiver and Jensen 3 way speakers with 12" woofers.

In the next 6-8 years, after discovering "David Beatty’s Stereo" my system was comprised of a B&O 2402 tt, Nakamichi 530 receiver, Maggie SMG’s and a very high-end Yamaha cassette deck.

Olsen Electronics on Dempster Street in Morton Grove Illinois. And then Music-Craft  on the same street and town. At Olsen Electronics my mother bought me my first stereo at age 15. It was an all in one deal for $99.00. Probably a week's paycheck for her. Can't remember the brand name. Then a year or so later at Music-Craft a BIC turntable then a Technics turntable, A Sherwood receiver on which the factory handwrote the actual tested watts per channel ( marketing tactic)? then a Kenwood receiver, a pair of  Boston Acoustics A60 speakers (because Consumer Reports said so) and 2 different Aiwa cassette decks. I would always buy the 10 pack of TDK SA-X blank cassette tapes. The above mentioned purchases were made between 1979 and 1982. Good times. 

Gifted Listener Audio in Centreville VA did a quick web search and bummed to see they closed last year.