Which sub $2k CD player would you recommend?

Rega Saturn
Cambridge 840c
NAD Master 05 SACD/CD
Bel Canto CD-1
Other??????

All of these can be had either new or used for under $2k. I am looking for an "esoteric X-01 or X-03" kind of sound. meaning I want details, transparency and bass slam. Not a rounded out or smoothed sound that loses details. Thanks!
arbuckle
Schipo,

Given me description of the sound I am looking for do you still think the MHZS is the player for me?
Arbuckle,
I would say the 840 has the deeper soundstage by a hair but either unit will be clear and present well-defined instruments and vocals. The 840 is just better at giving you the resonance of a guitar body while the Cary seems to have sharper leading edges and a less "full" sound (shorter note decays?). We have to talk about "different" as opposed to "better". Both are great. Better than either of these at defining instruments in space was the Marantz 8001, but it was too "cool" for me.
Raul
Thanks Manorraul....I got a great deal on the 840c so I jumped on it....will keep you posted.
for $225 get a Toshiba SD9200, add quality AC isolation/conditioning package(that 'every' system needs)--and you'll be surprised at the sound.