Does a turntable make a DRAMATIC difference?

I purchased some analog gear in the hopes of making my analog side (a Sutherland 20 20 phono preamplifier and a Hana ML cartridge) at least the equal of my digital side. Although it has markedly improved the sound of my records it has not equaled the SQ of my digital sources. I know my turntable ( a heavily modified Rega RP3 with two power supplies and many other internal tweaks) is the weakest link. My question is, will a new improved turntable make a MAJOR difference, or just incrementally improve the sound. Or do I have to spend major bucks to achieve what I want.

128x128rvpiano

A better turntable / arm ( and well sited rack wise ) WILL make a major difference. You might want to quantify 'major bucks' but it will be costly as compared to an RP3. 

What I mean by major bucks is spending on a better phono amplifier and cartridge plus a new turntable.

no it won't make a big difference.....it "might" make a difference you might like or not, but nothing approaching a big difference.

@rvpiano ,

I think that now since you have acquired a new phono stage and cartridge, you’re rightfully realizing that the current table is the weak link. Now matter what, a great support is necessary.

Vinyl is a major investment, so you have to be committed. There are some great tables out their now, fairly reasonable. The MOFI, Merrill, SOTA... To name a few.