Looking for Speaker Recommendations

Hi,

I am getting a new system and am looking for speaker recommendations. I will have a ma8950 and will, at least initially, be streaming exclusively. Focal and B & W are too bright and fatiguing. Wilson SabrinaX are good except for the price. Any thoughts? Thanks.

wast314

Stick to Wilson, buy something used from a dealer. Nothing compares to Wilson. Sonus Faber is very veiled, I can not enjoy them. It feels like you listen behind a curtain. There are many fans of Sonus Faber Amator, I never had a chance to listen. I love Alta Audio speaker, excellent sound, great clarity and sound stage. They are great for jazz music. I agree with you, focal and B&W are too bright, they cause ear fatigue after 30 min. Stay away from Magnepans and similar variety, to complicated to deal with them. Space, size and positioning is a big deal. Good luck. 

Just acquired a pair Focal Kant II’s

If placed properly in a treated room

my results are not bright

Now they are $11,000 new and you can pick up 

a preowned pair $6,000 or below 

They are superb and balanced and 

even coming from Monitor Audio bright 

these aren’t bright

Good luck WillyT

If you like Wilson and want new consider the Aerial Acoustics 6T. It’s non-fatiguing and a good match for your musical tastes. In addition to used Wilson’s you can consider a used pair of the Aerial Acoustics 7T or older 7B. They are a bit larger than the 6T and will give you another half octave of low bass.