Audio Mirror Preamplifier

I am a big fan of Audio Mirror; have admired their DAC for quite some time.

Recently read they had a new pre-amplifier out.

Has anyone heard it ?

Any comments on sonic character?

Thanks.

mdrone

Hello everybody. I am not frequent on forums. I am very busy working on orders and new audio projects :-))))

Here is a clarification on the new LINEA preamp. It uses output transformers for both balanced and unbalanced outputs. The switch is not changing/flipping the outputs. It is connecting/disconnecting the ground to the transformer, making it balanced or unbalanced. Transformers are Lundahl and yes they are one of the best sounding. Adding an extra RCAs to the output is possible but it's not simply a matter of adding a pair of RCAs. The load impedance need to be considered. LINEA output impedance is pretty low so it will work with any 47kohm load(some solid state amps have low input impedance). I can always replace the XLRs with a second pair of RCAs and eliminate the switch.

No experience with the preamp but had Vlad's 45-Watt SET power amps for many years. Outstanding product from one of the best in the audio biz. Vlad stands out as a true gem of a person. 

Thank you Vlad @audiomirror for providing accurate guidance and a solution for people with subwoofers!

I'm having a preamp made for me and the designer is keeping the preamp out for the sub separate, load-wise, from the one going to the amp.