Speaker comparison

I would like some opinions from people who have listened to the Fritz Carrera BE speakers and/or the Buchardt S400 MK2 speakers. They both get great reviews, but there is a $1000.00 + difference in price. I have not been able to listen to either speaker, but am leaning toward the Buchardt speakers due to their much lower price. I will be using either speakers on stands in a large listening room. (17’w x 26’d x 10’ ceilings.) They will be placed within 1-2’ of the wall behind. I pair them with tube pre-amp, DAC, phono and a solid state amp. I listen to all types of music. I don’t need a lot of bass and I don’t play my music loud. All thoughtful opinions are welcome.

Thanks,

Steve

sml19

Following! I am interested in the same speakers! Except the Fritz Carbon 7 instead of the Carrera...

fritz > buchardts

have had both

s400 maybe a slight edge in bass impact, otherwise fritz carrera superior in every other aspect

It would be really helpful to see your system and venue. There is a place to create “your virtual system” under your user ID.

Speaker manufacturers tend to work really hard to make sure their sound measures up to their price. After fifty years of auditioning speakers I can say with high certainty: Buy the ones costing more. But… your venue and electronics might impact the result (unlikely).