A rookie with 10K, seeking advise

I'm new to the HiFi world. I listen to a lot of female vocal and classical music. I like both digital and vinyl. I am using a pair of Wharfedale Linton heritage and PS Audio Stellar Strata. 

I know this is too broad a question, but with 10K budget, where can I wisely spend my money? I don't mind tubes and I don't mind used either.

Any advise is greatly appreciated!

llid2

@ricevs

A 2000 watt Giandel Inverter plus a $400 200 amp hour 12V (2500 amp hours) AGM battery will cost you a little over $750.

I’m not familiar with this approach. If the end result is clean quality electricity for the entire audio system then good. Same outcome and principle. Build from the foundation. Then worry about components and speakers afterwards.

Charles

I really wanted to buy the Wharfedale Linton's for my second system with a Naim Unitilite. I tried them at a dealer who did both, they sounded 'ordinary' with everything I tried, no sparkle, no depth, poor soundstage.  My 2 systems both have Audio Physic speakers, which 2 years ago I would have recommended, but their rise in price is simply crazy. In my experience if you are on a budget forget Harbeth's they are much more expensive and not a lot better than the Wharfedales. All however may not be lost the Strata does have dual analogue out facility, you could try a better power amp however the biggest ever improvement I got from my Naim Unitilite, similar to the Strata, was to use 2, not 1, subwoofers. This made the whole system much more balanced. The 2 subs improved sound stage, clarity and excitement. Small agile subs being the best option. I now also use two subs in my main system.

There must be some music lovers in your town that will expose you

to options. Ask.

Advice:

Rule #1- Be in no Hurry

Rule #2- Be in no hurry.

Listen to Open Baffle, Electrostatic/Planar, standard box speakers.

Decide which your ears like best for your music. Everyone hears differently

so brand suggestions are just a general direction. 

The suggestion of putting the money into room and power treatment

may be your most logical 1st step.

The $10k you mention now has little impact on your best path

unless you are different than all the others here making suggestions.

If you are a person who could put a very good system together  for $10k

and then say "Done"! you are different that the rest of the audio world.

Some Brands I have heard that made great sound include- Luxman, Pass, 

Line Magnetic, Naim.

Speakers are much too personal to begin a list.

Enjoy the journey!

Sounds like you have a nice setup already... why do you feel the urge to "upgrade?"  

That said... perhaps a modest sub just to catch that last little bit of low bass, something like an SVS, which has customizable integration so it's all smooth.  

Otherwise, it's usually the speakers to look at first, if you're not satisfied.  And, tech has gotten so good that you don't need to spend the entire 10k... See if there's another type of speaker sound you like better: perhaps the new KLH 5 or the widely heralded Polk m700.  the Polk is about 2k, and likely has a different sound character than your Warfdales... like the KLH 5s also.  These are not outrageously expensive speakers, but are the sort of product that just might "finish" or at least tamp down that urge.  Or what about the 10k top level Warfdales, the Elysian?  If you wanna drop 10k, why not those... ?  But you can actually test drive those Polks or the KLH 5, if you buy 'em from Crutchfield.... they have a good return policy if you're not satisfied.  

Please whatever you do, don't blow that cash on fancy speaker wire or interconnects... you can do a lot better looking at the speakers themselves, first.