Anyone still using a TRL modded Sony?

I got a decent deal on a DVP NS900V that I was thinking about having modded by TRL.

The glowing reviews of the modded 595 and 900 are all a year or two old now, so I wondered if there are folks out there who are still happy with their players?

Thanks,

Jon
jonathan1257
I've got a Sony 2000ES changer mod from TRL. This has to be one of the most satisfying audio purchases I've ever made. I won't go into all the audiophile superlatives like transparency, micro dynamics, PRAT (excuse me), etc. This player just flat sounds fantastic. With the proper recording, I find myself engrossed in the music. It's sometimes like listening to a performance, as opposed to hearing a recording of a performance. BTW, if you get the mod, Paul/Brian Weitzel usually send along several of their test CD's. These are extremely well recorded ... producing sound that rivals well made SACD quality.
I still have the TRL modded Sony DVP-NS900V and have no plans to change digital sources. In fact, I bought a second (unmodified) unit for spare parts in case something breaks.
Add me to the list. I have a modded DVP-NS900V and still love it. It has beat some more costly contenders in my system. I usually just don't think about replacing the thing, just listen to the music. Yes it's plain and ugly and won't get any oohs and aahhhs from your audiophile buddies, but do you care?

Oz