Buzzing in Speaker while Playing CDs

I have a Cambridge CXC CD transport connected to a Schiit MultiBit external DAC. Recently there developed a buzzing in the left-channel speaker ONLYwhen playing CDs. After a bit of sleuthing, I replaced the RCA cable from the transport to the DAC with a new optical cable. The problem was temporarily resolved. Several weeks later, the same buzzing reoccurred. This suggests to me that the cables between the transport & the DAC are not the issue; but rather the transport or the DAC. Since I do not have another transport nor another external DAC, I am at a loss in trying to isolate the source of the problem. Any suggestions that you might have would truly be appreciated. Thank you kindly.

Kit

kitjv
Post removed 

Thank you, danager & audphile1. Looks like I will have to postpone my diagnosing for a couple of weeks due to commitments. But I will definitely follow up on your suggestions & report back with my findings.

Thank you for your willingness to help. Talk with you soon.

I had buzzing from one of a pair of Thiels just from one fleet foxes track, on CD. Tightening the bolts securing the main driver cured it. The other was loose too but didn’t hit the right resonance to buzz. I even asked Thiel what the torque values should be but had no reply. (This was after Jim had died but while they were still trading) but received no reply so I had the guess.

Thank you, yeti42. As soon as I start diagnosing the problem, I will certainly check all connections, bolts, screws, etc. before assuming that there is an issue with the circuitry of the CD transport or the DAC.

As suggested, simply flipping the right and left RCA cables that connect your dac to your amplifier (or preamp) will immediately tell you the source of the problem.  If it stays in the left channel it's downstream (amp or speakers) and if it follows the cable then it's upstream (the cable itself, the dac, or your transport).  Super quick and easy to do, no need to clear the schedule for the day.