Dunlavy SC4 Speakers

Does anyone know what the value of a used set of Dunlavy SC4 speakers would be? These are the original SC4's early run I believe. The reason for the question is that I have a line on a set and I'm willing to pay fair market value which often is determined by a speakers popularity and not actual worth. I'm trying to determine a base line price with the seller without out getting into these are the best speakers ever made and that makes them worth a million bucks!

Thanks!
2channeljunkie
Opus88, when you say "as Rja asserts" it sounds accusatory. Why would I make this up? As far as I know Dunlavy prices did not remain constant.
I've been playing with my new to SCIV's for about a month and could'nt be happeir. They are a fine speaker. As far as bass is concerened in my set up they produce an acurate bass that's very musical and does hit rather nicely. Nicely enough that I sold my sub after getting them properly set up.
Rja...I'm sorry you interpreted my comments as accusatory. That certainly was not on my mind when I made them, nor did I feel you were "[making]this up". Indeed, as you state, prices may not have remained constant. I paid $5000 list for my IVs, and I knew one other fellow who paid the same for his. In his review of the SC-4s, Stereophile writer Robert E. Greene also indicated they were priced at $4995. Do you recall if you purchased your pair at a discount or did the dealer indicate $4000 was the list price? In any event, it's not terribly important. What is, is that we seem to have shared in common the enjoyment these speakers have given us. I've never had the opportunity to hear the IVAs. Would love to, but guess I'll have to continue "to settle" for the IVs. The only thing that might cause me to give them up would be my moving to a smaller place, which would compel me to downsize my speakers as well. My best wishes for your continued enjoyment of your Dunlavy SC-4As !
I certainly never meant the IVs didn't sound excellent especially considering the price. What I tried to communicate was that the IVAs were a definite improvement but at a significant price premium.
"I certainly never meant the IVs didn't sound excellent especially considering the price. What I tried to communicate was that the IVAs were a definite improvement but at a significant price premium."

Please rest easy when I say I did not construe your comments as condescending, negative or uncalled for in any sense whatsoever. I understood perfectly what you were trying to communicate, and I agree with you 100%.