Using battery power to go off the City's power grid

I'm using a Bluetti AC200MAX 2,200 watt expandable power station to take my system off the city's power grid.  It runs off a lithium ion phosphate battery with a 4,800 watt pure sine wave inverter. My total system only takes about 450 watts so I have never heard the fan kick on - it is totally silent. The music comes from a completely black background, with a huge soundstage that sounds very natural. I know that Ric Schultz has talked about these types of setups and there is a very expensive Stromtank battery system that is marketed to audiophiles. Anyone else tried this type of setup in their audio system?

Here is a link to a review:

128x128sbayne

Check out the hobotech reviews on YouTube. All inverters are not the same.  Rockpals has gotten some fairly bad reviews for inverter noise and voltage stability, sorry.  Bluetti and Ecoflow make quality units but they cost more.  Mine was $1,800.  

Bill - I’m sure you will do your own research but just make sure to buy one that more than meets your system power requirements and can handle the initial power surge of your amp (not sure what your current system is).  The inverter should remain stable at 120v and 60HZ even under full load.  Also look for one with heat sinks in addition to just cooling fans - to keep the fans off under normal usage.  Bluetti seems good to me but there are probably better ones out there. Scott

Will do Scott. My Circle Labs A200 pulls 75 watts at idle and 400 watts peak! My total system draw is around 500w peak/max. I will need something powerful enough to run my system 10 hours continuos. I need the BLUETTI AC300 Inverter Module Generator | 3,000 and perhaps two B300 batteries. Perhaps one battery will do as my system is not running at peak. May do it!

Much less expensive than Stromtank!

Great post Scott! 

Nice option.... certainly a better value than the expensive regenerators and you get multi-functionality with portability.  It would be fun to do a side by side SQ comparison with PS Audio PP.  I have a solar back up outlet connected to 2 AGM batteries with a 24v Powerbright 1000W Pure Sine Wave Inverter feeding it. Not sure how good the inverter might be. A week ago I decided to hook it up (with a 25ft 14 ga extension cord) to my main system for kicks and wow that was an amazing change. Black background, clarity, sound stage, separation etc..... AC is still very good just very different in a good way.  Now I I have to figure out how to run romex and install an outlet to my system ughhhh.