Beyonce releases first album in six years RENAISSANCE

Beyonce releases first album in six years RENAISSANCE

Beyonce's new album RENAISSANCE is out, her first studio effort in six years. The recording material was attended by Jay-Z, Skrillex, Drake and Grace Jones.

paulherry

I do not think you are making proper analogy...  Actually, way off to the point that I do not even wish to comment on it.  It is kinda ... laughable.

@garebear Have you ever actually listened to those artists who get “promoted beyond their talent level by ‘Country’ Moguls” from the Nashville scene you valorize?

When you say, “‘Shug’ Jay-Z”…For one, it’s “Suge,” not, “Shug.”
Suge Knight. Jay-Z.  Two completely different people.  I know this may be hard for someone like you to differentiate, but these are two different people. 
Also, Beyoncé didn’t just have, “some success” before she met Jay-Z.  She was hugely successful with 3 hit albums with Destiny’s Child.

But no, let’s keep pushing the archaic idea that talented women are successful  because they met the right famous dude, not by their own merits.

There are concrete and specific reasons that any one of us dislikes a particular performer’s music.  Not that I spend much energy at all thinking about Beyoncé’s, but speaking for myself, I dislike her music because I find her music to not be on a reasonably high level compositionally, her lyrics often crass and her singing only marginally adequate compared to what I consider to be a good singer.  Is it “demeaning” to express an honest opinion on a discussion forum?  I don’t think so.  Yes, she is an entertainer and obviously many find her music entertaining  (a whole other story).  However, entertainers are, by definition, in the public eye and hence subject to varied opinions.  I doubt Beyoncé gives a darn about the fact that some here don’t like her music.

The statement made above is what I would consider a reasoned, thoughtfully written one.

I’m much more inclined to engage with such than someone printing pop lyrics out of context and saying, “look at this trash these darn kids listen to!” Or just tossing out a vague, unconvincing statement like, “another example of the garbage that is rap/hip hop culture!”

.......tylermunns have been to Nashville ? I am not a big fan of a lot the country music that is out there today but if you do note that I did say ; '' for instance '' as there are a lot of really good musicians out there that unfortunately never get that '' break ''. I know that is ''Suge'' but do not want to give him any credit at all  - bad pun on my part. He is where he belongs and really not sure what you meant  by the comment ; '' that it maybe be hard for someone like you to differentiate ; these are two different people  '' . To me they are  ''one in the same'' ......'' another example of the garbage that is rap/ hip hop culture. True statement ......now for pop culture ; Price was talented and could play a really good guitar , not really a big fan of his music but did appreciate his talent. No Shug or Jazzy Z's there with that guy !