Horizontal vs Vertical biamping

Hi all. I am looking for some feedback. I am horizontally biamping 2 Rogue ST 100 amps. I am using DS 2 preamp, Aurender N10, Yggy LIM Dac, Legacy Signature SE speakers. It sounds really good. I have tried vertical biamping with this setup thinking it would sound even better. I have read that it would but in reality it does not sound as good. A bit thin and unresolving I would say. Anyone care to weigh in on why this would be? Thanks in advance. 

backdoor

Usually all the theory says vertical is best, assuming identical amps.  Few things are changing though:

• Interconnect and speaker cables
  • Apparent amp input impedance is cut in half.

Normally with solid state preamps the latter doesn't matter.  Cutting from 25kOhms to 12.5kOhms is usually well above a pre's output impedance, but if the pre is tube or just high output impedance, or the amp is low input impedance it could be enough.

When you are ready to go next level, try an electronic crossover. No rush though since you are happy with the sound as is now. You will thank me later 😀. Your wires are fine. Morrow is a good and proud establishment. Enjoy. You have respectable gears.