Modwright LS100 vs LTA MicroZOTL

Has anyone had an opportunity to compare the Linear Tube Amplifier MicroZOTL vs the Modwright LS100?  If so how do they compare?

Thanks

M

mdrone

mdrone,

I own an LS100 and an LTA MZ2.

The LS100 was my daily driver for years and is a great preamp, plus Dan Wright is a joy to work with. It has no obvious flaws, and does just about everything right.

But in my system (Atma-Sphere M60s/Zu Druid Vs), the MZ2 was just slightly better, with the same great tonal qualities plus better inner detail. I lucked into an Atma-Sphere MP-3 preamp which, unsurprisingly, is the keeper, but the MZ2 stays as the spare and I'll be selling the LS100.

If you're looking at the MicroZOTL, I can only imagine it's a big step up from the MZ2. Hope you get a chance to hear both. You can't go wrong with either one.

David

I love Modwright products and have 2 modified Oppo’s. I have not listened to the LS100 so I can’t comment on it. I have owned an MZ2 and I have a MicroZOTL preamp. The MicroZOTL preamp is a keeper for life and the MZ2 can’t be beat at the price in my opinion. The MZ2 is the Swiss Army knife of audio since it’s a world class preamp, headphone amp and if you have some very efficient speakers, the 1 watt integrated amp is unbelievably good.

@mdrone 

The short answer is yes but not at the sacrifice of clarity or a noisy veil. It is the first preamp that improved the sound of my amp by a good margin. The ZOTL Pre is also sensitive to tube rolling so richness yes.