Electrical Power Outlet advice

I moved my system to the basement. It's listed under the systems as "mewsickbuff's unfinished basement system." There’s only one electrical outlet presently. I’ve made an appointment with an electrician to have 2 more outlets installed. I’ve requested each outlet be wired separately and not piggy backed. Since it’s in the basement the outlets will need to be GFCI. I’ve read a little about Furutech and Hubbell outlets. Are there others? I’d like to know what I need to ask and expect out of the electrician. Thanks.

mewsickbuff

You are always better off to connect ALL components to a SINGLE but adequately rated outlet to eliminate ground loops.  The star connection of this configuration minimizes the ground loop possibility, which may cause humming & buzzing in some situations.

My  electrician is a Audiophile ,I followed his lead.

i hav3 Copper gold outlets ,

awg 10 copper wiring in a 30 amp  breaker , and the 4 wire 

dual ground 1 is common the other a insulated is located ground on its own strip in the breaker box ,then grounded to a 4 ft Copper Rod  and the Breaker is a Siemens from Germany solid Silver which was $60 , the stock copper breakers are $12.

night and night better sound ,very black back ground.

This is a solid performer that’s reasonably priced:

Pangea Audio Premier XL NEMA 5-20P AC Power Receptacle

Audio Advisor sells it. It is well made & grips better than any other outlet I’ve owned

How far you go will depend on your audio system upgrade aspirations. If possible. it would be good to get the grounding sorted while you can too, but be prepared for revealing sound reproduction issues you have not experienced before.

If you want to go the full distance, install a dedicated grounding system with copper tape and rods drilled and grouted into bedrock, outside your room. Place Bentonite clay beneath the mat and keep damp to maintain low resitivity. For peace of mind, get your electrician to do a resistivity test. The lower the Ohm number, the better it is conducting to ground. Appreciate that this may not be physically and financially justified now, but you may wish you had done it later (???)   

Buy American. The stuff from China is utter garbage.

You are better off to have an overcurrent circuit [20A] and multiple outlets closely connected that spread outlets on multiple circuits. That being said, a 12ga / 20A circuit at full current drops a tiny fraction of a dB in power capability. Most audiophools have not a clue about HiFi A/C power requirements. See ieLogical CableSnakeOil A/C Wiring. Music has next to  Z E R O  temporal synchronicity with mains Hz. Current peaks are supplied by the amplifier power supply capacitors.

Depending where you live a surge suppressor is a probably waste. In all probability, it will fail when needed most. Good ones C O $$$$$$$$$$$ T !!

DO NOT additional grounds rods. It can reduce the effectivity of what little protection against a lightning strike they provide. It will cost B I G $$$$$$$$$ to engineer and install something more effective than NEC requirements.