Suggestions for high efficiency speakers?

I attended the Capital Audiofest and thought the Audio Note room had the best sound to my ears. Another attendee from Florida had a copy of "A Night in Tunisia" and it sounded like you were sitting in Art Blakey's chair with his drums right there in front of you. I want that palpability, that "you are there" sound I think low watt amps and high efficiency speakers deliver better than any other combination.

A couple years ago I heard the DeVore 96s at the same show and loved their sound, anyone know of other speakers that give the same sensations?

My system is a SOTA Sapphire w Sumiko MMT and Zu-modified Denon 103 into an Art Audio Vinyl One phono pre into a Lamm LL2 Deluxe pre into an Art Audio Jota SET power amp and into Joseph RM25 sigs.

128x128fosolitude

How about Zu Audio Soul Supremes?  Or some Zingali - they have a US distributor now? 

A number of years ago I was a dealer for Art Audio. Had the Vinyl One, nice nice phono stage....My two cents would be to go with the deVore's. The 93's would be perfect, a little faster the the 96's and simply dreamy. The Jota is very fast with lots of detail so that combo should be perfect...

To follow up: I bought a pair of Charney Companions. I had forgotten I'd heard them several years ago at Cap Audio Fest when I think they had Lowther drivers. I was very impressed by their presence and the palpability of the sound but conventional wisdom had it that they don't do bass. While bass may not be their long suit my speakers with Voxativ drivers produce bass very clearly down to around 30 Hz. When I visited Brian Charney I immediately recognized the sound I had heard several years before. Five months later I am extremely satisfied.

I really like the Charney Companions too.  I've heard them with Voxativ and AER drivers.  I like the AER drivers a little bit more better extension of the treble range), but, in any case, these are incredibly good speakers for the money and are very efficient.  I think that efficiency is important because many of the best sounding amps are quite low in output.  

I think you have a terrific speaker.

If you have the budget, definitely consider Klipsch Cornwall IV, or the latest versions of the LaScala (which need a bigger room and possibly subs)