Why do my Opera Secondas sound soooo bright?????

I just bought a used pair of Opera Secondas (first generation). The previous owner has had it for a year and a half at most and I don't know how much he used them. When I set them up in by listening room, I was unpleasantly surprised about the tweeters. I have had NUMEROUS "bright" speakers in the last 20 or so years (b&w cdm 1nt, thiel 1.5, mission 753, linn keilidh, psb silver, totem 1's, and I'm sure i'm missing a few) but I have never heard anything like these Operas!!! I'm pretty sure these have been broken in and if that's the case, then what's up with these highly rated Secondas???? HELP!!!
gemini
Post removed 
Fair enough guys....some quite funny replies actually....from the list of the bright speakers I've tried, the original Psb silvers were the brightest sounding but not to the point of being annoyingly bright. My modest system is a Rega Mira integrated, planet cd player as a transport with perpetual technology p1/a, 3/a with monolithic power supply....i also have a pair of triangle Celius 202 that I switch with the Seconda and the Triangle sounds normal (balanced)...i thought perhaps it's the Seas tweeters...
Gemini, from your description it looks like
a) your amp doesn't drive the spkrs (I checked the Seconda tech specs they are not the easiest to drive)
b) there is something wrong with the mid-bass units. You would have noticed that, so this is an unlikely option
c) there is something seriously wrong upstream -- also unlikely as the sound is OK with the Triangle.

The Seconda is a close design which makes it a tad less easy to drive.. can you borrow a bigger amp to try on them?
lol, down boy, down!
Anyways, whats your equipment that you are using to drive these speakers?