Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten

@david_ten The V2s disappear better on all recordings than the V1s.  The extended bass and high frequencies result in better soundstaging and center fill.  It might be that I needed to move the V1s closer together than the V2s.

I haven't validated yet but I also think my Ayon Audio Odin SET tube based amp will better mate or bed in with the V2s.  

@mikeg   Thanks, Mike.  Also, great to hear that your Ayon SET may be the preferred pairing.

@david_ten What I mean related to the Ayon SETs is that the V2s would pair better than the V1s.  If you remember, Cube Audio didn't like the pairing of the V1s with 300B based amps which I think is closer to the SET tube used by Ayon Audio. The V2s pair extremely well with the FW SIT-1.  As it has been stated by others, the V2s will pair with more amps and that is another reason Cube Audio went in that direction.

If you remember, Cube Audio didn’t like the pairing of the V1s with 300B based amps

I was under the impression that Cube Audio specifically had lower power, high output impedance amplifiers in mind to pair with the Nenuphar characteristics. 300b/2A3/PX 25 etc were the intended targets. Thus the very damped driver via very powerful magnets/motor. Exactly why an amplifier with high damping factor is not seen as advantageous. A good quality 300b SET would seem an excellent Nenuphar partner.

Charles

@mikeg  Mike, my memory might be failing on this but I don't remember Cube "not liking V1s paired with 300B amps."  What I do remember is a preference by Cube Audio for 45 and 2A3 amps. If you have more information on this from Cube, please share.

Based on my experience with the V1, the ~8 watts of output, typical of 300Bs, is (per my estimation) the bullseye for 'ideal' SET power to drive the V1s. 

I'd expect a high quality design / execution of a 300B amp to be linear and neutral and be an effective pairing for the V1s. Chosen 'voicing' of the specific design, per the owner's preference, is an obvious factor.

If you remember, Cube Audio didn't like the pairing of the V1s with 300B based amps