Phono Stage Amp

I have a mid-level to low end turntable. (Music Hall 11.1) and a low end decent Phono Stage Music Fidelity M1. Good tonearm and good cartridge. 

I listen to JAZZ so volume isn't too much of an issue, but sometimes I just want it loud. I have Cary Audio slp-05 tube pre and the Cary Audio mono block main tube amps as drivers

I crank the volume up just past half way and there tends to be distortion. Below half way the sound is incredible. The records sound better than the corresponding CD or, of course, DAC streaming.

Would upgrading my phono-stage to one with greater boost help me? Or is that half (my whole phono system) of my system as good as it could get?  

128x128cinqcepages

Good proposal to connect 200wpc.  If this solves problem, it exonerates the TT and front end.

@whyduhitme   Starting again here.  You don't get the fuzz on other inputs than phono.  So try a different phono amp as I note the MA252 has no MC input.  I don't see why changing the phono amp prevents you plugging into the line level inputs on the MA252 as you do now.   I assume you get equal fuzz in both channels?  Check the settings on the Mofo are suitable for the cart.

@cinqcepages,

Just a thought, do you run the Cary 805 amp with or without feedback?

Mike 

@mulveling I am doing it all it all except the TT and Tonearm. The Bob's; the E-GLO and a cartridge.

May I ask one last question? Within a $500 range: what cartridge would fit in nicely with those and my 11.1? And so I understand you - why MM or why MC at this point with this whole new solution?

I do appreciate your advice and time spent with me. KARMA Maybe sometime I will somehow with or without you knowing - have helped you or someone you know, out.