Modwright PH 9.0X Tube Rolling Question

I recently acquired a used PH 9.0X phono preamp and
I want to upgrade the Russian 6922 tubes. Anyone have
any experience with this particular preamp? I'll be looking
for NOS tubes.  

ericsch

I did. Was my favorite tube amp ever, but I have since gone solid state. I used both Reflektor 6C45 and Reflektor 6H23p to replace all four tubes. Huge difference althroughout. The Amperex white globes are quite incredible, too, but cost around $300/pair. 

6C45 is a single section triode. How did you manage to use them as a sub for 6922, a dual triode? Not to mention that the two types are electronically quite different even if you could mount two 6C45s to replace one 6922.

I own this and love it. Yes the 6C45 cannot be replaced with the 6922 to my knowledge so not sure what blisshifi is referring to. I replaced my 6922 with Siemens E188CC/7308's and the result is extreme clarity, dynamics and transparency. The instruments have more air and separation and the soundstage is rich and full. IMO tube rolling is system dependent and while I have a few different tubes to choose from I'm sticking with the Siemens for now. 

@lewm  I didn’t sub them. The PH9.0X uses one pair of 6C45 and a pair of 6922. The 6H23p is a Russian equivalent to the 6922. :)

I have the 9.0x. I’ve tried every current production and NOS tube under the sun, except Telefunken. Here are my favorites in order of preference ( some with Herbies Rx tube rings and some not. You must experiment for your rig. System audio is professionally calibrated. All tubes listed excel in tonality! 

Valvo 6922 1960-64 ( same as Philips miniwatt Holland) and PCC88 (7DJ8) A frame or non A frame . ( These tubes fire on all cylinders across every genre of music I throw at them. Superb. You can save money by getting the PCC88 versions. They are safe to use per Modwright and will likely last a long time due to their 7v heaters only receiving 6.3v from the 9.0x. Very very close sound to the E88 cc versions.

Matsushita/Mitsubishi 7DJ8 tubes. I believe these were made in the 70s or 80s.

(very musical. If Valvos are a 5th row seat, these are a 10th row seat. I like both approaches)

Siemens E88cc (a nice all arounder tube)

Bel India 6922 1960s (made with Philips tooling. Very musical, engaging and balanced)

Amperex 7308 JAN USA 1960s ( deepest tightest bass, but others listed above are also excellent for bass)

Amperex 7308 Holland ( small-ish soundstage compared to those above)

Mullard E88cc ( too warm. No sparkle, but a good choice for a bright system)