Pioneer EX Speakers

Anyone heard the Pionner EX speakers?
kana813
Had listened to a pair of Pioneer S-3EX speakers at the Rocky Mountain Audio Festival last year and was extremely impressed by there sound. One of the best transparent and imaging speaker I ever heard. Could of won best in show for the money.

Thought they were 25K sounding speakers when listening. I too have been searching for a pair and seems Pioneer only made a few pairs for the USA market. Here is a great pair of speakers but now I can't find them, go figure why Pioneer doesn't manufacture more the S-3EX here in the USA ???
Keep looking Joefama they are worth the search. If you are able to find an extra pair of Pioneer S-3EX speakers let me know. Would love to have another pair for my vacation home.

Like what I said before the Pioneer S-3EX speakers are one of hi-end audio's best kept secret. Or you could just buy the TAD Reference speakers for 80K or the TAD Compact Reference speakers for $40K with stands. The S-3EX have a much higher value pound for pound/ dollar for dollar.

Here we are 15 years later, how does the S-3EX compare the newest generation ELAC towers?

Don’t know about the 3ex but I’ve had the 1ex for a couple years now. They are really amazing with a good front end. Very revealing. Not show offy but play a well recorded album and they are full range fantastic. Very layered and great tone. I would love to put them against some recent 15-20k speakers at my house and see how they fair. My guess would be very well.

Build quality is off the charts as well! Great buy on the used market if you can find them IMO.

Another plus is they are very tube friendly. Sounds amazing up to high 80db s with my cheapo 50 watt tube integrated when I hook it up.