Supra Cat 8 Ethernet cable

HI All

I recently purchased a Supra Cat 8 ethernet cable to replace the stock cable to my bluesound node 2i after hearing rave reviews of the Supras.  However, the Supra sounded rather bright and clinical in my system. Plus side it has a lot of details,  sounds very clear and bass prodution was pretty good but just sounded very forward and bright over my stock ethernet cable.   Am using Klipsch 6000 f speakers,  an XTZ power amp and a Freya + preamp.

I have not run in the Supra fully yet, about 7 hours. Will it get better over time? Has anyone who has used Supra to your node 2i felt the same. Or do you have a different opinion? Appreciate your views. 

ram18

All digital cables have very low voltage vs say a loudspeaker cable 

250-300 hours to fully runin at least 150 hours to smooth out from my vast experiences.

Run the supra in for at least 100hrs. It’s a good cable, never sounded harsh or bright. I was using it for quiet some time until recently when I switched to Network Acoustics Eno streaming system which sounds more relaxed and refined. 

@lordmelton  Thanks for the options. As I am experimenting, dont wish  to invest too much as yet. Heard about the audioquest as well which apparently is good.  But it is expensive where I am located. Thinking of trying out some Blue Jeans ethernet cables perhaps. Seems cost effective and apparently some good feedback  so far.

@audioman58  Wow thats a long time for burn in. Am hoping for some smoothening with my Supras now with some burn in as I look for alternatives. 

@audphile1  Thanks for sharing. At least there is a ray of hope for me.  Good to hear it worked well in your system. Will run it in since I already bought it.