Low Frequency Rumble from TT between songs

I'm sure it's in the songs too but I'm getting low frequency rumble now that I've switched from Harbeth 30.1s to some large base reflex studio monitors. Between songs and on the lead out groove I'm getting a rumble at mid to high volume. Is that an isolation issue or something else. Table on a wall shelf, about six feet from the BACK of the left speaker, so I'm not understanding why this would happen.

dhcod

Which feet are you using on the Aries?

Which wall shelf? Make sure your wall shelf platform is level and all contact points have even pressure. If all is well, a simple but not inexpensive solution is a Townshend component platform, if it’ll fit on your wall shelf. Another plus, you can always use it under another component in your system.

I'm using Edensound TerraCones on my Aries. The Townshend is about $1k for my table. Pretty steep.

I think this is something you will have to live with, with these speakers, but you may be able to reduce it. Is it "groove noise", rather than rumble? All turntables have some of it. Comes with the vinyl medium.

Over ten years, I turned down the groove noise and improved the sound on my VPI HW-19, upgraded mk 2 to 5, ending up with a pyramid arrangement - stone rack, sand box plus air tube plus ceramic cones, beneath the VPI. With the magnetic bearing in the Hanss T30 turntable, no pyramid needed, the feet can rest directly on the shelf, and these problems were greatly reduced.