Don't do me any favors

Audiogon does not have to remove entire threads simply to protect me from reading others opinions. I'm a grown-up now and can decide for myself.

koestner

If I remember correctly Hilde45 thought it appropriate to celebrate women’s rights on the day the Supreme Court struck down Roe v. Wade. Could be some misread his intent, or may be they understood exactly what he was saying?

My post asked for songs celebrating women’s rights on the very day many of my friends and family were feeling quite distressed about the decision. That was my intent -- to get the names of some songs.

I can imagine people asking for songs about patriotism on the fourth of July or songs that celebrate Jesus on Christmas day, too. But I got the message loud and clear. It was too political to ask for songs celebrating women's rights...because women’s rights is something that’s too political.

It is distressing when audio related threads get deleted, but then its generally because they morph into political fighting and personal insults. Mention anything about Chinese equipment, inevitably will go down this path. Too bad some good information lost in the whole thing, could be some have intention to insert the political to get thread erased.

Yeah, we seem to now fully embrace the idea that individuals are not responsible for their own actions.  
“I don’t have any agency or choices.  Some external stimuli ‘made’ me feel and behave this way, so instead of taking responsibility for myself, I’m just going to demand said external stimuli be terminated.”

Hopefully you have all seen by now that the thread was reopened by the moderators, albeit with most all of the original responses deleted. I appreciate that.