Tannoy Turnberry Gr

Greetings to all!  I am from the city of Kyiv Ukraine.  Unfortunately, I am an architect and do not have the skills to fight with weapons in my hands.  I am very indebted to our soldiers of the armed forces of Ukraine, who are now fighting and rebuffing the fascist Russia led by Putin-Khuylo.  The fact is that I have been assembling my own audio system for a very long time.  The fact is that I have already reached zen and enjoy music, but people who learn about my system components are surprised how such a combination is possible.  I would like to ask dear members of the forum, what do you think about my system?  I will be grateful to all for adequate criticism.  And so I bring to your attention my system

Transrotor ZET 1 

Transrotor Tonearm Base 12" SME 

Transrotor Tonearm Base 9" SME 

Transrotor Motor Base / Coaster 

Transrotor KONSTANT M1 REFERENCE 

Tonearm SME  309 

Tonearm SME Series M2-12R 

Ortofon MC Cartridge Cadenza Black 

Dynavector MC Cartridge DV XX-2 MKII  

Lyra MC Cartridge Delos 

Ortofon ST-80 SE Moving Coil transformer 

Unison Research Phono One Mahogany

Unison Research TRIODE 25 CHERRY Black (USB DAC) 

Tannoy Turnberry GR 

Silent Wire SilentSocket 16 Cu AF Filter 

HMS Elektronik Gran Finale Jubilee SL 2,0m

HMS Electronik Gran Finale Bi-Wire Speaker Cable 2.5m 

HMS Elektronik Gran Finale Top Match RCA- RCA WBT 0110

CARDAS CLEAR CYGNUS PHONO CABLE Straight DIN TO RCA 1,2 m 

CARDAS CLEAR CYGNUS PHONO CABLE Straight RCA TO RCA 1,0m 

NBS DEMO PROFESSIONAL 1,2 m

ISOACOUSTICS OREA GRAPHITE 3 pieces 

ISOACOUSTICS GAIA III 3 pieces 

ISOACOUSTICS mini Orea Bordeaux 3 pieces 

ISOACOUSTICS ISO-PUCK mini  

MULLARD MADE DYNACO EL34 TUBES XF2 3 pieces  

Siemens Triple Mica E83CC NOS(Germany 60s year) 2 pieces

Telefunken ECC83 1960

Mullard ECC83 1960

Thanks. Best regards, Oleg 

128x128ori71

Hi Oleg,

I am also a Tannoy guy. It is a superlative speaker for all kinds of music listening and genres. But there is always this issue with Tannoy, whether to with a low power sweet amp or a mid-high power muscle amp. It can play well with both but also highlight the shortcomings of both. I personally use Rogue Stereo 100. But one amp that i am eager to try with Turnberry is Quad Elite QMP monoblocks. Tannoy and Quad were used as a pair in many studios worldwide in 70s, 80s and 90s. 

Hi Oleg,

I have Tannoy Arden Legacy's with a Jadis I50 amp, in my opinion my system plays from Slayer to Schubert with aplomb. 

Power to the people of Ukraine!

Hi Oleg,

I would say that you have put together a well balanced system from carefully chosen quality electronics and components bravo.

Stay safe.

First of all, I would like to thank 🙏 everyone for supporting my country 🇺🇦 in the war against fascist russia. Also, thank you so much for the professional feedback on my system. I have been very careful in choosing each component of my system.

Is it your opinion the Tannoys can’t play Metallica? Do you listen to much thrash metal?

I listen to music of different styles, from Metallica to Miles Davis. It just all started in 1986 with Metallica and they are my favorite band, the music of which has supported me in all my ups and downs in life.