Devore / Bay Area

Dear friends,

This is a random request from the community. I live in the Bay Area, just outside SF. I am contemplating laying down a 50% deposit on a pair of Devore o/baby's. I have a low powered tube amp that is currently mismatched with my speakers and I have read so many great reviews about the Devore Orangutan's and these are within my budget. The problem is that I've never heard any Devore speakers. 

So my request to y'all - are there any of you here in the Bay Area that would be open to letting me listen to your Devore o/whatevers system so I can at least know what the Devore sound is all about? I am up in Vallejo, but willing to travel. Thank you! - A

128x128avgonzalez77

Agree. If you are a serious buyer which it sounds like you are, make an appointment. You'll get access to his knowledge of Devore speakers, which is unmatched in the area. Get the mussels at the oyster bar. Outstanding!

I've bought from Tim at Tone of Music several times and would gladly do so again. 

@avgonzalez77 

What is your low powered tube amp? The reason I ask is I have a pair of OBaby's (no I dont live in the bay area, sorry), own/have owned O93's and O96's. While the traits are similar up and down the line, the OBaby's are 90db/8ohm speakers and the O93/O96 are 10 ohm with their efficiency number embedded in the model name.

Please do not think the OBaby is just a smaller O96...the Obaby is a darn nice speaker but I wouldn't consider a "low powered tube amp" and the OBaby's. I run my pair in my office with a 15wpc tube integrated for background music while I work. They benefit from some power and my office system would never cut it as my main system if that makes any sense.

@ghasley thanks for your thoughts. I have a Leben 300xs, so also 15 watts in a 18x14 ft room. From what I’ve heard from dealers, it should be a fine pairing with the o/baby’s, but you think otherwise?