Has anyone compared Rogue RP-7 to Cary SLP05 and / or Audio Research Ref 5se?

Currently using Rogue RP-7 and considering moving to either Cary SLP05 or Ref 5se.  Looking for a little mid range bloom.  

Thanks in advance for recommendations, comments, etc.

Equipment:

Rogue RP-7, AGD Audions, Bricasti M3, Joseph Audio Perspectives, Cardas Clear

testrun

i was inquiring with a company about a slp-05, he said dont get that, get atma sphere instead,which he also sold. said was better and cary was having problems with their gear. last how does cary, slp-05 vac, standard le. atma sphere mp1 i think and vtl 5-5 rank with and against each other...

i was inquiring with a company about a slp-05, he said dont get that, get atma sphere instead,which he also sold. said was better and cary was having problems with their gear. last how does cary, slp-05 vac, standard le. atma sphere mp1 i think and vtl 5-5 rank with and against each other...

Lol, the classic dealer-trashes-gear-he-doesn’t-sell trope. Extra trope-y if he frequently drops brands, and quickly turns from praise to bashing them too.

Atmasphere is a great brand btw - no issue there. But this stuff is so system and preference dependent. It’s one thing to go from a budget preamp to say a Cary SLP-05 or Atmasphere, or ARC Ref 6. That will usually yield a HUGE improvement most audiophiles can agree on ("giant killers" only live in the print of "professional" reviews). But when comparing units at this level, at some point you just gotta try the stuff for yourself. Nobody can tell you what you’ll enjoy most. Synergies and setup (including tube rolling, sometimes) is key.

mulveling, thanks for that, but here in the atlanta market there is not to many companies were you can test or hear equipment any more....

@testrun not a preamp post, but just bought a CAD280SA V12R, and I too lived in Cary for over 30 years and knew Dennis just a tiny bit. Quality guys and stuff.