The new LSA Signature 50 Monitor "Disruptive Product"

My review on the Stereo Times website on the LSA Signature 50 speaker was posted this morning. I believe that you GON members would enjoy the details why I refer to this monitor as a "Disruptive Product" regarding it's cost vs. performance ratio. Take a look at the review for the details of why my time with the Signature 50 was so much fun and has lead to hours of musical enjoyment.

Teajay (Terry London)

amorstereo

“Never head them but they look like slavish knockoffs of Sonus Faber in terms of build/appearance”

I honestly thought that they were SF’s when I first saw them

It looks like the 10’s are no longer listed on the Underwood website. 
I’m curious about the upcoming Signature 80’s… Cabinets look similar to Legacy Studio. Moving from the rear radiator to a more conventional rear bass-reflex port is interesting, as is the ribbon tweeter.

@soix 

I will say the review leaves me wondering if the Sig 50 makes the Sig 10 almost superfluous at least sonically?

Hey @soix,

I will be getting the Signature 80's in for review next week. I'm very curious about how different they will sound then the Signature 50's. Very different materials used in the drivers and double the price. I'm sure they will present differently, but "better" we shall see.

Teajay

86 db sensitivity may be a significant factor in years past but need not be an issue with modern amp technology.  You just have to be smart and use the facts and not your emotions when buying. 

@amorstereo Looking forward to your review.  I think you have the Statement-20s? — and if so it’d be very interesting (bass extension aside) how the new monitors compare, especially from the mids on up, imaging/soundstage, ya know — the good stuff.  Keep up the good work!