Best turntable for the buck

I now amazingly find that my analog system has fallen behind my digital system in  SQ and I want to investigate how to improve it. 
Currently I have a heavily modified Rega RP3 turntable, with two power supplies, a new platter, sub-platter and other internal enhancements. My cartridge is the Clearaudio Virtuoso.
Not that it’s bad, but I want to look for  something that will significantly improve the sound of my current setup. 
Will about a 4K investment do that?

128x128rvpiano

Upscale offers the Feickert Volare with Origin Live tonearm and Ultratracker cartridge installed for a package price of 4.3k. Surely something like that would work.

@audioguy85 

+1 on the Music Hall products, I purchased a used mmf-5.3 for all the reasons you listed. Solved all my vinyl playback issues and looks great on the shelf. 

There is a glaring omission from the recommendations- the Technics SL-1200/1210 G.

I’m a former Rega and Sota owner. I see the recommendations for the exact same Sota that I owned and just cringe. I hated mine.

The Technics offers everything I value, incredible sound quality, amazing build quality, it’s easy to set up and won’t go out of adjustment. I’ve bought my last turntable.

@nferre66

... makes a good point... Do you want good sound with little fuss... or... the frustrations of pursuing "audio nirvana" with a "finicky" TT?!?  This guy's had both - and he made his choice.  Your choice...

@bassdude I’ve seen that video and it’s spot on.

I actually tried to be kind to my wallet and started with the GR. It is noticeably brighter than the G, and doesn’t have the low frequency extension of the G either.

The G is worth every penny and then some.