New Magnaplanar 1.7 delaminating and buzzing.

Why are new diaphrams buzzing and seperating from the frame?

barmeg

Thanks for the good advice guys - as far as sound performance and clarity, I am more than amazed at these 1.7’s. They may not be the best deal or the best in impedance characteristics but everything I audition on them just reveals so much unstrained detail. My amp never falters and I couldn’t use near their volume potential in my 13 x 17 room. The problem is that the vertical adhesive strip on the woofer side of the front diaphragm just came unglued and the vibrating panel isn’t held taunt to the frame. Bad epoxy or newby oversight - something is compromised here. What a shame because there’s a lot of steps needed to correct this and so many formerly conscientious producers of everything have stopped giving a crap anymore - if you know what I mean.

@barmeg

if you are on the west coast - i realize you may well not be - i have my set of 1.7i’s that i will likely sell in the not-too-distant future... i am just making absolutely sure my 3.7i’s are keepers (and i am becoming more certain each day that they are...)

pm me for details if you are interested and are close enough to pick up, i don’t want to ship them, will sell to someone nearby when time comes - they are in perfect condition, grey/cherry, no issues whatsoever, with magna risers

just have the seller give you your money back on the problematic set you have, trying to repair etc etc... it is too bad magnepan is having these issues now...

You're absolutely  right russ69. When the first panel was picked up by the seller,  the other panel looked and worked fine. Then in the last month just sitting there, the ribbon diaphram came unglued and now it has to be shipped back. The problem is the dealer and the  manufacturer are  incompetent . It took 1 month just to get the seller to organize  a pickup and that was on May 21st. Now that panel is stalled in New York and I'm being told to be patient. And now the other panel has to be shipped out separately as well. This reminds me of George Clooney in " The Perfect Storm".

My Maggie dealer tells me  all Magnepans are on back order.  This a legit company and I have no doubt they will make things right, in time.  Seems they are having parts not being shipped on time and of course, labor problems like everyone else.