Old guy needs recommendation request for old CD players / DAC

I plan to use one of the following old CD players in my audio system and would like to know your recommendations on which one will provide better sonics and whether to use the DAC as well. The player will be used in an all-tube Conrad Johnson rig.

JVC XLZ-1050TN CD player (built like a battleship and highly reviewed in its time)
Oppo 980H DVD/CD player (also highly rated in its day)

MyDac DAC by Micromega

Thanks!

(pardon the heading, but I can't seem to remove the word 'request')

p_wolfe

An excellent vintage CD player would be the Sony SCD-777ES. However, as @russ69 mentioned, the older players often have parts problems. In fact, I sold my SCD-777ES because it needed a small part that was no longer available (although the unit functioned well). I replaced it with a new Denafrips Avatar CD transport – which I’m extremely happy with.

My modified Sony SCD-1 still brings a big smile when I play it. Usually with SACD's which mostly still sound great. I think my very best listening session is with my SCD-1 playing the SACD of Dark Side of the Moon. 

I have 3 streamers setup using FibreOptical. The SCD-1 is not like those, but it has its own charms.

it has been a long while since i have searched for a new integrated cd player -- i have modwright’s modded units with tube output stage and outboard ps with tube rectification (actually two of them - one a marantz 8005 and the other a sony dvd 5400), then i have an even older scd-777es with warren gregoire’s vsei level 5 mods

they were the most musical and beautiful sounding cdp’s back then, and i feel pretty confident they remain unsurpassed presently for their musicality in the under five figures price range (i had esoterics, pioneer elite, meridian 508-24 etc etc ... the modwrights and sony were superior...)

i use my old Oppo 103 as a transport via coax  into a Denafrips Ares 2 DAC.  great. Denafrips now has a dealer in Thailand.