A preamp recommendation

Hello everyone,  I'm looking for a "neutral" preamp that does not emphasize and de-emphasize any frequency range but has just a tiny bit of warmth.  Accurate harmonic information resulting in natural instrumental timbre, outstanding sound staging and imaging, solid extended bass without typical under controlled bass of typical tubes or over damped bass of transistors, crystalline smooth extended high frequency, excellent micro and macro dynamics, and clear transparent sound are all important to me.  I don't like hyper detailed sound typical of some transistor preamps or overly smooth warm sound of some tube preamps.  Currently, my favorite preamp is an autoformer passive preamp which gives many of the sound quality I like, but it lacks the drive and impact I get from active preamps. I have auditioned some top preamps from Audio Research, D'Agustino, Pass, among others, but was underwhelmed due to lack of transparency, inaccurate timbre, and/or significant deviation from overall neutrality.  I don't care if the preamp is solid state or tube, long as my requirements are met.  All of my amps have input impedance of 50KOhms or above. Which preamp would best fit my taste?  Any preamp new or used $15k or under would be on my list. Thank you.

dracule1

After ten years of season tickets to the symphony and step by step moving my system to sound like real music… to have the details in the correct contrast to the foundational sounds… so the mid-range is bloomed like it is in natural sound, the ss is articulate and detailed and without artificial slam… no question Audio Research. I m sure you can get an Audio Research Reference 6 for your price. But to get the full spectrum and fully fleshed out musical experience you will also nees an Audio Research Reference amp.

ghdprentice, I have auditioned the ARC Ref 6. Unfortunately, I found it colored and veiled IN MY SYSTEM.  ARC's new amps sound excellent. But thanks for the suggestion.