How much faster of a sub is the REL T5X vs SVS SB12-NSD

Looking for some advice as to how to determine how much faster one sub is from another. I’m not sure how to determine this just by reading the specs and could use some help in educating me with this.

Currently I have the SVS and sounds good but feel after all my adjustments and crawls, just can’t get the slap on some of the bass I desire. Everything I’ve seen about the T5X is it’s one of the fastest subs out there and blends well with Maggi’s 

Main speakers: Magnepan .7’s

Sub: SB-12NSD

Rogue RP-1 Preamp

Carver Crimson 275 Amp (Yea,I know about the test’s and read all the posts about it, it sounds good, so please don’t hijack this post with comments regarding the amp.)

I’m really tempted to take advantage of the REL Home Trial, but hope I can get some assistance first so can make an educated decision.

Thanks 

128x128flasd

Checked out the Rythmik site the other day and noted their technology but was not a fan of the return policy, especially having to ship back such a heavy item at my expense with a restocking fee. 

I did watch the YouTube video about servo subs and was very informative, so thank you for that. I also watched some other reviews and placement was more crucial with the Rythmik than the REL and being that is an issue for me could be a deciding factor  

Still waiting for more info on my actual question though from others and thank you for sharing your brand experiences.

Audiorusty,

Thank You ! That’s the info I needed …. Was not sure how to interpret that off the specs. 

i dropped both from a 10 storey building, they hit the ground at exactly same time .... so i would say neither is faster...

sorry i couldn't resist... carry on 😆