Axpona 2022 what impressed you?

I'll start. The Borrensen 01 playing Otis Taylor 'Resurrection blues' was stunning! I also enjoyed the Legacy Aeris on the first floor playing Nils lofgren 'Keith don't go'. In the smaller rooms there was a $4k pair of speakers with what looked like 18" woofers and a horn tweeter that performed well. While the kef ref 3 sounded harsh the ref 5 in a similar small room sounded great just reminding me how much incremental set up affects the demo. I only had a few hours on saturday and missed many rooms due to crowds and would enjoy hearing others impressions from the show.

128x128steve59

After driving to AXPONA last month, I received an official letter from the Illinois tollway authority. It said I owed $35 for "unpaid tolls" (8 unpaid $1.50 tolls each with a 200% penalty). Driving up from Indiana (Indy), I was expecting some kind of toll action and I did see signs stating "pay toll ahead". The thing is, I NEVER encountered a toll booth EVER! I did find extensive construction EVERYWHERE, and I did SEE toll booths when the highway split off in a different direction, but the road I was driving on never presented a place to pay tolls! I think these jerks are just scamming people because the can: "Oh hell, it's just easier to pay the fine than to fight it...". Institutionalized theft. Please Illinois, hold your breath until you see me in your moth-eaten state again.

I noticed a pattern while going room to room I was really liking the music coming from different speakers that were being driven by the hegel H590 enough that I borrowed and then bought the h590 to drive my kef blades.