Best sounding CD Player for $3K or less used?

I'm shopping for a great sounding pre-owned CD Player, my budget is $3K-max. My system is Krell 280p & 2250, with Wilson CUB2 Speakers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
louis9bb9445f
Btstrg:

Thanks for the reply. So I gather you've only heard Wadia players in your rig.

What I’ve heard in my system off the list:
REGA Saturn (I own it.)
Meridian G08 (loaned it for two weeks)
Meridian 508.24 (six to seven hours of listening—a good day)

What I’ve heard in my system similar but not exactly off the list:
Wadia 860 (two hours—didn’t mention because above price)

What I’ve heard off the list but not in my system:
Wadia 301 (45 mins); I know someone that worked for Wadia and we spoke at great length about the 301 and the 302 and in his opinion they sound near identical.

What I’ve heard similar but not exactly off the list nor in my system:
Esoteric DV-60 (2 hours—didn’t mention because above price)

About a year ago, I had been in a similar boat. Why no info: I just wanted to keep it short and sweet. And I believe you should hear it with your own ears to make the "best" decision for you. Because what you or I like isn’t necessarily what say that other person will like. In fact, your comment “by far the best” is nothing more than your limited opinion. What’s the best for one person or even in one system isn’t necessarily the best for someone else or even in another system.

Off topic, but since you asked I own a 2A3 Moth Audio amp, Moth speakers, and do a lot of initial listening impressions with the ATH-L3000 and HD650s. I didn’t offer any specific information because he didn’t ask. I assume he just wanted suggestions. I tend avoid terms like the best since this is a very subjective hobby and to a degree depends upon system synergy.

I’ve heard impressive improvements with mods, but you usually pay a hefty premium and if you ever decide to sell it’s next to impossible to recoup that additional investment. IMO and in general, stock sources sell quicker and overall don’t depreciate on a percentage basis nearly as much as sources that have been modified.

Hi all,
I ended up purchasing a new Krell SACD Standard V.2, and I'm ecstatic with my purchase, it exceeds all of my expectations, a real synergy with the rest of my Krell system, plus I get reference-quality SACD to boot. Thanks to all for the suggestions and info., much appreciated!

NOTE: The Esoteric SA-60, for an additional $500, was a close second, but couldn't quiet take-out the Standard in my system. The new Wadia Players, while excellent, are too expensive. I got cold-feet about spending thousands of $ on a used CD Player. "Krell 5-years Warranty = piece of mind"
Consonance Audio Droplet CDP-5.0 - at the upper limit with a $3000 list price.
I have had the droplet in my system for 3 months and am quite taken by the dynamics and musicality of this strange looking 55 pound beast. Review favorably on 6moons.
gentlemen:

let me qualify the question: what is the ideal cd player for a bright sounding system ?