Energy speakers

Hey everyone, I'm new here. I'm searching for some new towers, and I was wondering if anyone has experiene with the Energy brand. I understand they're a little more laid-back compared to some of the competition, but I have B&W DM601s, and I keep seeing comparisons between B&W and Energy. What do you guys think?

baritone1898

Some of the older Energy speakers were pretty good for the money.  They used the Canadian gov't supported audio research facilities and made some decent designs. Now they are owned by Klipsch and like Jamo are just basic cookie cutter consumer stuff.

+1 travelinjack

Back in the day maybe 15 yrs ago when I was auditioning speakers I almost bought a pair of Energy towers.  Don't remember the model.  Then I found a pair of used Snell Type D for half the price and never looked back.  Listening to the Snells right now!  Anyway, the Energy were pretty darn good for the price.  IIRC somewhat similar to a PBS or Paradigm.

@soix 

I'm not at all familiar with Joseph Audio Profile speakers.  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Is there another speaker brand they compare with?  Pros / Cons?  Thanks.

Allen

I would look into Sonus Faber Venere.  The new Polk Audio Reserve R700 are getting great reviews too.