Upgrading from Primaluna

Recently went down the front end upgrade path and am running a nice table and phono now. I'm curious as to what the weaker link in my system is between my Primaluna Dialogue Premium Preamp and my Dialogue Premium Hp Power Amp. I'm considering swapping out the amp to a Ps Audio BHK250 for the summer to avoid heat, but am curious if I would be better off dealing with the heat and moving up to say an Allnic L-7000/Arc Ref 3 for the Pre. I'm happy with tubes on the front end, but curious if I'm running out of gas with 88DB efficient speakers and a single chassis tube amp. Which amp would you upgrade first and what benefits would you expect?

128x128j-wall

Not sure why Primaluna is not good enough? I have an EVO 100 integrared running on 89db speakers. It will bring the house down just past half volume. This is with the original EL34s. I just installed JJ KT77s and wow! Better of everything, amazing. They will get louder too. Have you tried KT 77s?  Also, the room is likely more of an issue than the electronics would be,  my guess. Also,   Enjoy!

Not sure why Primaluna is not good enough? I have an EVO 100 integrared running on 89db speakers. It will bring the house down just past half volume. This is with the original EL34s.

To be fair, the OP’s speakers are a difficult load… both phase wise and low impedance.

I just installed JJ KT77s and wow! Better of everything, amazing. They will get louder too. Have you tried KT 77s?

^good point^

I own audio research ref 10 preamp and phono stage and ref 160s amp and love them.  I previously owned the audio research LS 17se preamp that was great - used they are about 2200.  I also had an ARC ref 75se that you can now get used for 5k or less and it’s an amazing amp.  The former ARC dealer here also sells primaluna, and comparing them I preferred the ARC but it was more expensive.  I am a big fan of ARC tube amps and preamps.  Allnic also makes great stuff but the only comparison I did was with an Allnic phono compared to my ARC ref 10 phono- both were great but I preferred the ref 10.   

@gasherbaum thanks for the insight. What did you prefer in the ARC over the Primaluna? I'm sure the higher ARC gear blows the PL out of the water, just kind of curious how and what you heard?

Post removed