Jays Audio cdt2 mk3 burn in and user experiences

I got one to replace my Audiolab 6000cdt that was scratching discs. The Jays was disappointing sounding out of the box, wondering if I had made a good choice, the Audiolab sounded better at that point but after 24 hours the Jays is sounding much better. Jays Audio recommends burning it in for 400 hours, what is your experience with burn in? Just using the rca dig out right now. Wondering about the upgraded cd clamp. Anything else to know?

dafox

@chuckie 

My Jay's is still breaking in. After roughly 200 hours, it sounds smooth, not clinical but it doesn't sound tonally "rich", as some users have reported. Perhaps that will still occur.

One change it's brought that's not welcome is vocal sibilance, something I've never experienced before. Have you noticed this?

I'm still debating whether or not to get the QStab. . . 

Stuartk 

Glad to hear that you settled on the Jay's and have up to this moment 200 hours accrued. Hopefully it's smoothness isn't the only thing to win you over. Remember I wanted to connect my Pontus II to the Jay's with the I2s  which I thought was the better connection. Well with my current state of components the AES/EBU sounds best to my ears. As far as "sibilance" on vocals I cannot agree to that on the system I am using.  Could the sibilance come from a connecting cable? The Qstab is quite  a  expensive tweak and I think it  does make music sound much smoother compared to the OEM disc stabilizer. Your mileage may vary but worthwhile it's your choice to decide.  If you don't like it I am sure you can sell it. Enjoy your Jay's for me it's a endgame transport.

This unit takes a long time to burn in, after 30 days and 500+ hours it is sounding great.

dafox

Happy to hear you are enjoying your Jay's. Yes, it does take time to burn-in . I am still extremely excited about mine. It's my endgame transport for sure. I wish you many hours of enjoyment 

Chuckie

@chuckie

I too am planning to get a Pontus II, which type and brand, model cables do you use now?