What is new with the Memory Player?

I have read that this player is the next great source at the online mags. Have others heard this player and is it currently being sold? What are the impressions of those who have heard this machine? Any information would be nice since I have read almost nothing other than what is contained in the magazines. Bob
128x128baranyi
FWIW, I didn't take Alex's post as anything but a proof statement that 32 bit DAC's were not available up until this announcement! he never said he was using them, he said he had tested a couple of samples, and that when it is finally released he WILL be using them. He finds it hard to believe that with the scarcity of this in-development chip (available only for samples, etc.) that the MP DAC would already be based on it. Nothing shill about it.

You guys need to relax.....

Okay, maybe I was being a bit hard on Alex but he has the one questioning how Nova Physics could be using a 32bit dac, in the first place.

Then shortly after he questioned how they could be using one, Kana chimes in with the announcement that low and behold 32bit dacs are available and then Alex comes in with with the fact that he too is going to be using this new chipset, it looks like first an attack on Nova Physics credibility and then as a PSA for APL hifi.

Personally I have never heard Nova Physics DAC nor APL's.

I would love to do a shootout in the DAC department.

All I can say is that I am using the Memory Player and the sound quality is a revelation and it crushes optical playback.

07-14-07: Askat1988
They weren't talking about Alex. Read.

?? Uh, yes they were. And AudioOracle's apology/explanation followed. Please don't just jump in this thread and state "read"! It comes off way too self-righteous, and I know you didn't mean it to be.

I agree that a shoot-out would be a great thing; not necessarily to humiliate anybody or any product, just to show the strengths of each of the products being questioned. Comparing top notch gear like the APL NWO 2.5, the MP player and the VRS system could really take this redbook revolution to the next level! Hell, maybe even a network player/Pace-car/I2S DAC too. Y'all can come to my house....I'll have all the free beer we'd need.
Kana813 is not affiliated with nor does he own any of our products. I am the sole retail outlet for APl Hi Fi at this stage. I just wanted to clear up any misunderstanding regarding his imput on this thread. Brent Rainwater APL HI Fi .