What is new with the Memory Player?

I have read that this player is the next great source at the online mags. Have others heard this player and is it currently being sold? What are the impressions of those who have heard this machine? Any information would be nice since I have read almost nothing other than what is contained in the magazines. Bob
128x128baranyi
No, I mean the VRS II was conceived before the MP, but it will be awhile before it is ready for prime time. It has technology the MP has, software, plus something else that puts it in another league. That will come out in time. No more will be said here.

Because someone was too generous with info before, the MP was born.
Askat, I heard the VRS at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest two years ago. I had heard much earlier at the VSAC in Silverdale, WA. The more recent unit was far superior and Mr. Sanders seemed like a very nice guy with a very convenient product, but then he vanished. I am surprised to hear that he is still in business.

I must also say that I could make very little comment about the sound I heard coming from it at the RMAF as I knew none of the other components.
"FYI, the MP has been compared to many other PC based drives modified by a very brilliant designer here in NYC. In each case, none compared to the MPs sonic capabilities. None! What type of PCs these were are still unclear but I'll say most were hand made by a guy who "promised" to match the MPs internal part for part...down to the operating system. These players had high hopes of entering the market until they were compared to the MP."

CP-

Mahalo for responding, but this doesn't tell us anything about the software or hardware used.

Since you already have a laptop in your listening room serving as a remote for the MP, I suggest you contact Steve at http://www.empiricalaudio.com and ask to try one of his PC to DAC interfaces.

Or you can contact Anthony at Aberdeen Components(mauimods.com) and ask to try one of his modified SD Transporters or his modified Northstar transport. FYI- He feels these units easily outperform your Wadia 270SE. ;-)
Askat, How long before the VRS II comes out and what will the price be? You obviously have inside knowledge about the innerworkings of both the VRS and the Memory player. My question is whether the Memory Player is overpriced because it is the first of its kind sold to the public. My fear has been that you will be able to have this same performance for 20% of the price in a year. Bob
Maybe 30%, the trickledown theory after the initial dust has settled, someone will definately take the lid off to see what makes them tick.

Computer and Pro-Audio entering the forefront of our highend two-channel systems, I used to laugh at it, not anymore.

The obvious difference between these two units seems to be the initial read and transfer methods from what I gather.