Gregg Allman .......I cannot believe it has been 5 years.

Hello Audiogoners - and with a sad note I realized that Gregg Alllman left us 5 years ago today. I understand especially right now …...that there is a lot more sadness to be found and going around in this world. But, musically this guy was my musical North Star. I first saw him perform live in dive bar back in 1976 or 1977 ( it was the seventies ) and although I really liked the Allman Brothers, his solo stuff had me hooked. I followed him around as well as the Allman Brothers for the next 40 years. ( I still wished that they all could have worked things out with Dickey as they were NEVER the same after he left or was asked to leave . Derek Truck is an exceptional guitarist but IMO never sounded good with them ) I just miss that man's voice and his sound......his songs and the Allman Brothers songs are the backdrop to my life. The '' Road Goes on Forever '' ….miss you and your music today Gregg Allman
garebear

I do however have to disagree on Derek.  I have seen the Brothers probably around 75 times and many of those with Derek and Warren.  Nothing like those two on stage tearing into ABB tunes and doing them the ultimate justice.  Derek is a student of Duanes style as well as all others he has played with. I have watched him on stage soaking up Clapton, Johnny Winter, Buddy Guy, BB King , Hubert Sumlin, Jimmie Vaughn, Robert Randolph and many other greats.  He watches learns and repeats .  The cat is by far the best player slide alive today