Competitive class D amp suggestions

I have been Class D fun since a few years ago when i bought my first class D amp. I like the concept, in general, and all the attractive features of this class of amplifiers. I tried 4 different ones, currently i  stayed with one of them that i consider to be the best among all four amps. I do enjoy and like it. At the same time,  my 5 watts SET amplifier (with more than 100 times higher distortion according to the specs) gives more natural and (surprisingly) notably cleaner sound (THD of the class D amp is 0.001). The soundstage  of the class D amp is not so bad but that of the tube one is still better.   

I remain attracted by class D amps though. 

Any fresh suggestions on reasonably priced class D amps (i mean excluding  non-reasonably priced class D amps, e.g., Merrill amplifiers)?

Any comments on non-reasonably priced class D amps are also welcome (so far i was not able to audition many class D amps and am curious if there are some which could really compete with Class A). 

128x128niodari
Post removed 

@blkwrxwgn , unfortunately, Tommy O'Brien has passed away...

In fact, i also like the Cherry Amos faceplates, at least the dark red one if my Megaschino. Does anybody  know if there is someone who is able to deal with Cherry amps now (my Megaschino needs a repair of its right channel)?

I was able to audition my new Voyager LSA  GaN 350 for a couple of 

hours this morning. I let it warm up for just 30 minutes or so (this is a completely new unit with no burn-in). I hooked it up with Nuprime HPA 9 preamp using its RCA outputs (it has no balanced outputs), bookshelf  Thiel MCS1 speakers (sensitive 91db) with a Thiel subwoofer and passive crossover, Krell Kav 300 CD player used as a transport with a Cherry DAC.  

During these two hours, I compared it with the Nuprime ST-10 amp that I was recently using in the same setup. These are my first impressions. 

I didn't find the Voyager  bright, still a little harsh and slightly dry perhaps. Although it is 500 watts in 4 ohms, it gives notably less power than 150 watts ST-10 amp, at least with HPA 9 preamp (perhaps, impedance issues). I found its sound clear, natural, unaltered, in some sense, a bit fuller than with ST-10 since it goes a bit deeper into orchestral passages. The middle range is a bit more defined than in ST-10. The soundstage, so far, is a bit flatter than that of ST-10, but Voyager has a bit more details. The heights are clean (despite that some measurements claim that there could have been distortions in high frequencies).  The base extension is less than in ST-10, still it sounds natural. The sound of this amp somehow resembles to me  a class A amp sound, still not as rich and complete (yet? - this may change with break-in hours). 

The amp has no standby mode. I left it on without using it, and it  got quite warm. I would not leave it on all the time (Cherry Megaschino has also no manual standby switch, but it goes standby automatically after 8 minutes of idle time, and stay completely cool). 

I think I need to use the amp for more time to understand how much i like it. I may stay with it and use it in my third system with Thiel CS 3.6 speakers.  Meanwhile I will leave it in my second system for break-in (i use that system  for 1-2 hours in the mornings so it may take some time). I may also try its balanced inputs with Wyred4Sound  STP 2 preamp. Now, i see no point in trying the amp in my main system (where i use my 5 watts SET tube amp). I may try it in the main system after the break-in of 200 hours or earlier if an essential improvement will occur. 

I will post my further impressions in case my thoughts and feelings will be changed compared to what i think right now (first impressions might not be very objective). 

@niodari

Congrats. Do not worry as it will definitely break in. Now, that said, I did not like the the supplied footers, replaced them with inexpensive Nobsound + added ~ 5#s of weight to the top. The W4S (XLR>XLR) makes a lot sense, but quality XLRs and PC will matter. Replacing a Marantz HD CD-1 (used as a transport) with a Audiolab CDT 6000, was another excellent upgrade, as was improving the coax and PC cables to it. Feed it HQ ancillaries and it WILL reward you

hth

+ @tweak1

— A good power cord on the Voyager is a is a must.

—spring pods are such a deal (mine are autocrast. Same as nobsound.

Inexpensive and so effective).

Autocrast spring pods under my speakers are by far the best of the 4 vibration-management products i’ve tried.

I am utterly thrilled with the Voyager and the sound of my system now. But I Look forward to hearing better things still, when I improve my Dac, Pre and USB in the near future and also continue to build on the significant improvements in room acoustics I’ve realized lately.

@niodari 
I leave all my SS electronics on 24/7. Have not found the Voyager to get more than mildly warm.